Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Zero Calorie Teas

I am not a tea person. My aunt has tried to get me to try different teas and I just simply dislike them. I don't like the herby and bitter taste that it leaves. However, about 5 months ago I was introduced to a tea that I now absolutely Love! A friend of mine bought it at Starbucks and got me hooked. It's Passion Tea by the Tazo brand.

I have bought the packets you boil with some water, I have tried the bottled drink sold at Whole Foods Market and I have had the 8oz freshly prepared one at Starbucks. I must say that all three taste different even though they are all the same flavor of tea. I highly recommend the bottled Passion tea sold at Whole Foods. The best part about this tea is that it has all natural ingedients, zero calories and contain 0 caffeine. It's healthy and tasty! It's an Excellent alternative to juices, sodas and regular teas that contain calories and caffeine.

Ingredients in Tazo's Passion Tea: An infusion of water, hibiscus flowers, natural flavor, citric acid, licorice, lemon peel, cinnamon, rose hips, lemongrass, and fruit juice extract for color, erythritol, natural flavors, citric acid, REB A*

*REB A is derived from the stevia plant, Erythritol is a naturally-derived sugar substitute; it has minimal effects on health. When consumed in excess, it can cause gas, bloating and diarrhea. Read more at bodyecology.com.

A bottle will cost you $1.39, a pack of 20 tea bags $3.99 and an 8oz container at Starbucks approximately $1.86. 
If you choose to make your own tea by boiling a bag at home, add some Stevia sugar to your liking as an unsweetened tea may taste bitter.This product can be found at Starbucks, Whole Foods and online.

Tazo also carries two other caffeine free, zero calories teas entitled Zen (green tea) and Refresh (peppermint, tarragon and spearmint). I have not tried them so I cannot say what they taste like but try them if you would like. 

 

                     

No comments:

Post a Comment