Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Smoothies for Anytime of the Day

Smoothies are one my favorite things to have at all times of the days but especially when I am not feeling my best. Why? Because you can never go wrong with the flavors and it'll cheer you up. It's your creation! This morning I work up feeling drained and with no appetite. However, I made myself a smoothie that kept me full until dinner time.

The key to a healthy smoothie is to use fresh fruits, and healthful yogurts/milks. Don't add sugars to your smoothies and choose non fat yogurts such as Greek yogurts if desired. Those that like milk, go ahead and add you choosing of an organic or low fat milk. Rice milk is very tasty however, it contains less protein than cow milk. Frozen fruits are not a good idea as they contain preservatives and added sugars. Mango and kiwi certainly work well in this recipe as well. 

Here's my favorite smoothie recipe:

2-3 cups of ice
2 cups fresh chopped bananas
2 cups fresh pine apple
3 cup of an all natural orange juice
3 cups of fresh chopped strawberries
1 cup of fresh blueberries
Optional: granola and/or oatmeal

Blend all of these fruits in a standard blender or juice maker, pour, serve and enjoy!
You may add other fruits if desired. These are just some of my favorite fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment