Monday, February 7, 2011

Tasty Low Calorie Sweet Snacks

Love to eat sweets, fruit snacks in particular but hate all the calories? Worried about all the preservatives, corn syrup and fructose?
I know I love to eat fruit snacks but recently, I have been looking at all the ingredients in the childhood snacks fed to me and realized that everything I was fed was pure sugar, preservatives and all out unhealthy treats with no beneficial nutrients.

I discovered a delicious line of all natural fruit snacks with six ingredients and only 45 calories per strip. The all natural fruit strip is by Stretch Island Fruit Co.

I was very pleased by the taste of the strip. I had the Summer Strawberry flavor and it consisted of apple puree concentrate, pear puree concentrate, strawberry puree, natural strawberry flavor, and lemon juice concentrate. The taste of the strip was chewy, but tasted just like a dried out strawberry.
The strip comes in a variety of flavors and sells at Whole Foods Market for .59 cents.
It's a great source of fruit serving as every bar contains 1/2 serving of fruit per bar. It's an excellent snack idea for kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment