Saturday, April 2, 2011

Homemade Taste without All the Work: Nutritous Soups in Less than 15 Minutes

              Ever feel like eating a good bowl of homemade soup without going through all the work of making it? I know that in many instances that is exactly me. I don't cook much to begin with because I'm on always on the go. I don't like to eat out of a can, in fact I refuse to.
           If one reads the amount of preservatives, artificial things, LOTS of sodium and all the extra garbage added to those foods, one would never ever buy them again. I also do not like to buy soup in cartons for the same reason. Most frozen meals have the same amount of harmful chemicals as well as high amounts of sodium. 
              It wasn't until recently that I decided to try the Tabatchnick brand line of soups. I went grocery shopping for myself for the first time and as I was walking through the frozen foods section at Whole Foods I came across this brand of soups, it was $2.99 for a pack of two soups, 100 calories a pouch and the flavor I liked, Minestrone so I decided to give it a try.


          The result? I ended up loving it. I boiled it as stated on the box and when I tasted it, it did not taste like a frozen soup at all. It tasted like a freshly made soup. I simply poured it in the bowl after boiling it and ate with a piece of whole wheat bread. It was delicious and filling.
        I also tried the Vegetable soup one and liked it but had to add salt because it was too bland for my tasting. It contains no salt at all. The vegetable soup once flavored with a little salt, tasted just like a homemade vegetable soup that grandma would make. I paired it with an Asiago cheese bagel and some butter...mm mm perfect combination. It was also $2.99 at Whole Foods.

Tabatchnik offers a plethora of soups, from organic  soups to gluten free soups. There's a little variety for every taste out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment