Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Organic Frozen Foods that Taste Homemade

I'll be the first to tell you that I am not a fan of frozen foods. I love to cook and I'll admit that I love gourmet foods. The best cook I know is my aunt Aurea. She never fails to make a delectable meal while also keeping it healthy. While I cannot compare this line of frozen foods to that of my aunt's cooking (her food is of course better), I must say that it'll satisfy your taste buds and your figure. You'll have the nutrition you need without sacrificing your taste buds. 
The line I am referring to is Amy's Kitchen brand foods. Amy's offers a variety of frozen, organic meals from Indian to kids meals. The amount of ingredients in the meals is minimal meaning it is not packed with a bunch of preservatives and harmful fillers. All cheese and meats used are hormone free as they raised in pasture. These meals are perfect for college students to prepare, you simple cut some holes in the plastic and microwave at time printed on the box. Amy's Kitchen brand products can be found at Supermarkets everywhere. I have found them at Publix, Whole Foods and some Super Target stores. 


My absolute favorite Amy's Kitchen frozen meal is the vegetarian lasagna. It tastes like a freshly made piece of lasagna not like ice burn as most frozen foods do. 
Tip: some of  the foods labeled healthy, and fat free such as Smart Ones, aren't really healthy and are not what they claim. If one read the ingredients, it contains high fructose corn syrups, artificial fillers and preservatives which are not good for you at all. One of things I find interesting in the Amy's Kitchen brand frozen meals is that they do not contain high amounts of sodium like many other frozen meals do. Amy's contains less than 12% sodium per meal. So not only is it tasty, it's good for you as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment