Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pure Decadence for the Soul

Everyone I know absolutely loves ice cream. I am a big fan myself however, it is rare for me to eat it because it usually contains tons of sugar, a high amount of fats and no nutritional values. I recently looked at a container of ice cream in my refrigerator from Publix. It was their Premium brand. I was shocked to see that it contained high fructose corn syrup because in my mind, Publix is supposed to offer quality ingredients.

Nonetheless, I left it in my refrigerator and decided to not eat anymore of it. I discovered something that taste much better than Publix's Premium Ice Cream, something more figure friendly. It's called Purely Decadent. All of the products are made with coconut milk. At work, a lady from the company sampled three types of Purely Decadent ice cream: Cherry Amaretto, Mocha Almond Fudge and regular Coconut. My favorite of the three was regular coconut simply because I love coconut. However, the other flavors tasted very pure and were delicious as well. It was the best ice cream I had ever tasted.



Remember to eat in moderation, just because something taste good or is labeled "healthy" does not mean you can eat more of it. In fact, most ice creams labeled "no sugar added" actually contain sugar and sugar substitutes that are often harmful to one's health. When it comes ice cream, I say forget the diet stuff and sugar free stuff, if you're going to have ice cream, have the real stuff and enjoy it. Check out sodeliciousdairyfree.com for more information on the So Delicious and Purely Decadent Ice Cream products. They offer Gluten free ice creams as well as ice cream sandwiches and alternative products meaning sweetened with agave nectar (a natural sweetener and better alternative to cane sugar and corn syrup). The products can be found at Whole Foods, GreenWise Publix and most supermarkets.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Elyssa! Thank you for the delicious review! We're so glad you enjoyed our coconut milk ice cream. Since you love coconut, I wanted to let you know that we also have a line of delicious coconut milk beverages, yogurts, and coffee creamers, and you can download some money-saving coupons from our website here: http://bit.ly/gW3Pkk

    Please let us know if you try any of them. We'd love to hear what you think!

    We're also in the midst of our 100 Days of Change Giveaway, wherein each day we give away a new change-for-the-better prize. The grand prize is a trip-for-two to Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary and Holistic Spa in Koh Samui, Thailand! So if you're on Facebook, please "like" us, and enter to win! http://facebook.com/sodeliciousdairyfree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this sounds like a great health alternative for my family! For my personal tastes though how strong is the coconut taste in the other flavors? I would be very interested :)
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete